Mobile Coupon Strategy
Mobile coupon strategy – coupons have been proven to be reliable for increasing business transactions (i,e. boosting sales) since first introduced offering discounts, rewards or incentives to purchase.
Mobile coupon strategy using mobile coupon with a solid promotion plan gets more buyers and helps get existing customers coming back often.
Mobile coupon strategy for building stronger customer relationships. The reality is bargain hunters may be savvy with online coupon code…
Mobile coupon strategy most consumers are just starting to understand the convenience of redeeming coupons through their mobile devices.
This means you can easily fill the gap between people and technology. You want point-of-sales to solve problems of new paperless price reductions.
Mobile coupon strategy – as a small-business owner, you have the advantage of not needing to invest in high priced technology to make your coupons easy to use.
Mobile coupon strategy – the only crieria is building a cost-effective mobile coupon strategy, which is as simple as following the following three steps.
Mobile Coupon Strategy Step One: Create your coupon in a mobile-friendly format.
The mobile coupons that are easiest for consumers to use generally come in three basic formats, each with its own pros and cons as follows.
1. Text-only coupons. You can create text-only coupons using a short message service (SMS) provider or your email marketing service provider.
Mobile coupon strategy best for: Text messages and mobile emails. Pros: Almost all phones have text and email capabilities.
You can include short links, coupon codes or instructions for using the coupon in the text. Cons: You only use 160 characters to communicate and deliver coupon or voucher.
2. Image coupons. You can create QR code of your coupon with a scanner or graphic design software. Use .jpg or .gif file types for mobile devices.
Mobile coupon strategy best for: Including coupons in social-media posts, e-mails and Multimedia Message Service (MMS). Pros: Qr codes or images can be displayed on the majority of mobile devices.
Cons: Links in images aren’t clickable and the details of the coupon may be too small to read on a small screen if your customers don’t have smartphones with zoom and scroll capabilities.
3. Web-based and app-based coupons. You can create a coupon in HTML and put it on your website or better yet on a mobile web page.
You can also create mobile-friendly web and app-based coupons using Google Places, Yelp and Foursquare.
Mobile coupon strategy best for: Mobile web pages and local directory sites. Pros: You can include links to your coupons in the advertising.
Cons: The web pages containing your coupons need to be optimized for mobile, or they might not display properly on the majority of mobile devices.
Mobile Coupon Strategy Step Two: Give your coupon redeeming qualities.
Give your prospects and customers ability to redeem your mobile coupons, make sure they contain one or more of the following redemption options.
1. Use the text in your coupon to ask people to use their mobile phone to show the coupon at your physical point of sale. Make sure people know how to accept the coupon and know how to spot currently valid versions.
2. Phone numbers in your coupons can be pressed or clicked from text messages, emails and web-based coupons. Use the text in your coupons to ask people to mention the coupon when they call.
Mobile coupon strategy keep mobile coupon offers unique so you know when your callers are responding to the mobile version of your coupon.
3. Links can be tagged with a unique redemption code if you have a sophisticated shopping cart and database or you can include coupon code in text of coupon.
Simply ask people to enter code into online order form. Make sure your site’s shopping cart works on mobile devices before choosing this method.
4. If you plan to scan bar codes at your point-of-sale for automating redemption process, make sure point of sale equipment can do the job.
Mobile coupon strategy – check to see if you may need a special scanner, which can read QR codes from a mobile screen.
Mobile Coupon Strategy Step Three: Distribute to mobile devices.
Now, make sure your mobile-friendly formats make their way to your customers’ devices. These methods help your distribution plan.
1. Use text-messaging service provider or email marketing service provider to deliver a text-only coupon or link to your web or image-based coupon.
Remember you can only send these messages to a permission-based list.
2. Send them via MMS text messages, which can contain pictures and more than 160 characters. MMS also requires opt-in permission and a service provider to send the messages on behalf of your business.
3. Place your coupon on your high-traffic web pages. Make sure to target pages designed for mobile devices. Make sure they’re on your own mobile app and social media sites as well.
4. Ask customers to snap a picture of paper coupon or include a mobile bar code on coupon linking to image or web page containing your coupon.
5. Place your coupon on other mobile-friendly websites such as Google Places and Foursquare.
Mobile coupon strategy – remember the goal is to give your discount deserving customers a good customer experience with service to go along with their bargains.
Incoming search terms:
- pros and cons of electronic coupons
- pros and cons of electronic coupon services